Cooking rice has come a long way since its flavor, texture, and consistency became important. What was once considered just a grain and a basic source of sustenance for most of the world has evolved into a global market still in its nascent stages of marketability due to the number of rice grains available for international transport. There are literally tens of thousands different grains of rice on Earth, and that number is continually rising. Rice is a 4-letter word, but not too many people use it as their ‘go to’ word when expressing thoughts of elation and success…however, feelings associated with anger, disappointment, or rejection are another story.
It’s in a situation like this when some of the more popular 4-letter words get thrown around and articulated, in the least flattering of manners. However, while your favorite 4-letter swear words may never change, the methods behind cooking a delicious pot of rice have grown by leaps and bounds. Keep in mind we are discussing rice makers, not the packets of rice trapped in a plastic beanie-bag, or the “disaster in the pot” method that is so old now that it has gained a new following among the “retro” set of foodies who turn their noses up refuse to accept the gains technology has bestowed on the culinary world. So, without any further adieu, here are our TOP 5 Rice Makers:
- Aroma brand rice cookers offer the quality and efficacy of some of these other brands to be mentioned, This is a no frills machine, creating tasty, fluffy rice proving you do not need all the bells and whistles for simply great rice
- Instant Pot is another quality brand, more expensive than the Aroma Pot, but has increased multifunctionality, able to cook more dynamic rice grains like basmati, jasmine, and Spanish rice.
- Cuckoo Brand rice makers offer a funky retro-futuristic design that is popular not only for its design but also for the quality of the rice it produces. Cuckoo owners have raved over how it a household favorite due to its versatility to cook brown rice and white rice perfectly without skipping a beat.
- Miracle, maker of the incredibly popular Miracle Exclusive, is also a multitasking machine. The latest machine, the ME81, includes upgrades like a vegetable steamer and a stainless steel bowl. It boasts the capability of cooking eight cups of rice while simultaneously steaming your vegetables.
- The Buffalo is a top-seller and popular appliance due to its inner stainless steel bowl and is also known for its ability to make perfect white, brown, and Spanish rice.
Top 5 Rice Makers Revealed Credit Picture License: NCReedplayer via photopin cc